Monday, January 11, 2016

Christmas in the Country Gift Reveal!

After a spring-like December, and a Christmas that didn't feel at all like Christmas (how do you southerner's do it? I need cold and snow!) winter has finally arrived in Ohio! I awoke to a -9 windchill this morning and there is snow in the forecast for this evening in to tomorrow. As a teacher, I sometimes pray for snow days...it seems to be the only chance I have at catching up on housework.

This was my second year participating in the Christmas in the Country Blogger Gift Swap, and this year was awesome! It's always fun getting paired up with someone from somewhere around the country and getting a taste of their personality in the mail. This year I had the privilege of receiving goodies from Alison, who blogs at Outside the Ag Room, she is a former Ag teacher, and I feel that most women ag teachers feel a sort of kindred spiritedness or sisterhood among each other. So it was exciting receiving items from someone that knew so much about my career and love of all things Ag and FFA.



I received some awesome soap from The Dirty Goat, which hits my right in the feels, because I raised dairy goats as my high school FFA project, and still have a soft spot for them. I also received some awesome sea salt caramels, an owl wallflower (can't go wrong with owls when you're shopping for a FFA advsior), and some great Illinois Cattlewomen items! I also received an awesome bracelet that has owl and initial charms on it. I wear it pretty much everyday!

Off topic, but isn't my watch the absolute best!?
I had the pleasure of sending items to Lisa, who blogs at Cow Spots & Tales. I sent her some pretty awesome goodies, and you're going to have to check out her blog to see what I sent!

I ended up sending Alison some Ohio love in the form of a North Central FFA t-shirt. She has a picture of herself wearing it up on her blog, so be sure to check it out!

A huge thank you to the ladies that spend so much time putting this swap together! 

3 comments:

  1. I had a little inside track on what Alison was thinking of sending you, so I am happy to see the suggestion paid off! I love the bracelet that she sent you. A perfect item for any Lady Ag Advisor. :)
    Thanks for signing up again this year Jess! We love having you and wish you the best in 2016.
    Laurie - Country Link

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift! Things that smell nice and sea salt caramels are the way to my heart, so seeing so many great gifts with items like these make me happy! It looks like another great match-up here and I hope you were able to make some new friends and connections through the swap. Thanks for joining up and participating with us this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked it all! I had a lot of fun getting my items for you!

    ReplyDelete