Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Baby Shower Part 2

Last weekend I had the privilege of hosting a brunch for my friend that will be having a baby in just a couple weeks! We not only teach at the same school, but are also a part of the same small group in our church. So we see a lot of each other. She's such an awesome lady; I was so thrilled to do this for her! As many things, I tend to go overboard; so what was supposed to just be a simple brunch with our small group ladies, turned in to decorations, special cupcakes, crafts, you get the idea.


CHECK OUT THE TISSUE PUFF BALLS! If you read my post about my sister's baby shower, I mentioned that the puff balls I made ended up in disappointment. These turned out great! They were full, and actually round! My friend is having a girl, so I stuck with hot pink, white, and antique gold tissue, several of them were glittery...because duh...glitter makes everything better.


My sister's friend had this awesome cupcake stand that she let me borrow!


I made this banner on the fly with really no idea what I was going to do with it. My mom had leftover burlap ruffles from making a bed skirt, so I sewed a few together and then stitched pieces of card stock on them that I had written letters on. I ended up putting it on my chalkboard...which I conveniently forgot to erase.


I picked up the most beautiful piece of 2 1/2 inch square maple lumber from our local lumber yard. I cut it in to square blocks and we made baby blocks using Sharpie markers.

My friend, Julie, has commissioned me to plan her son's 1st birthday party, which will be later in June. So be sure to check back and see what we come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment