Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas in the Country Gift Reveal!

Jumping back on the blogging bandwagon for 2015! This year I'm ACTUALLY GOING TO DO IT!
Back in November, I signed up to participate in a blogger gift swap, hosted by COUNTRY LINKed and several other fabulous bloggers. My sister Taysha has participated in quite a few of these, so I thought I would give it a try. The only qualification is that you have a blog or some kind of social media account...I have both...one more active than the other, but nonetheless I qualified!
So I was assigned to a blogger and was to send a gift to them, and a different blogger was assigned to me. The idea is to send handmade items and things that represent where you're from; so first, a little about who I was assigned and what I sent!
I was assigned to Jacky, who blogs over at Dicky Bird's Nest, make sure you check her out! She's from Ringle, Wisconsin, which I'm assuming is REALLY COLD right now! She had some really neat interests and it was so much fun gathering goodies to send her! I didn't take a picture of what I sent her, so I poached a picture from her Instagram so you could see it. If you want more detail of what I sent, check out her blog, as she has pictures of everything I sent.



I hit a crafty streak this Christmas and made quite a few of the gifts I gave. The sign I sent her was similar to one I had pinned on Pinterest. I love the way it turned out and want to make one for myself when I find the time. To see what else I sent, please check out Jacky's blog.

I was sent a gift from Julie, over at Dirt Under My Fingernails; she is from Missouri and wears many hats; greenhouse grower, grandma, mom, and farm wife. She sent the loveliest card, as well as a recipe for Apple Crunch Loaf! I'm not a baker; I love to cook and will read cookbooks and the Food Network Magazine all day long, but don't ask me to bake. I haven't made the recipe yet, but it looks easy and my mouth is watering just thinking about it because it sounds delish! You may turn me into a baker Julie! Anyway, Julie sent me some beautiful handmade jewelry from a gal that works with her daughter. I haven't had an opportunity to wear it yet, but hope to when a fashionable opportunity presents itself!
Thank you Julie for the beautiful jewelry! Also thank you to COUNTRY LINKed and the other bloggers that set up the Christmas in the Country Gift Swap! This was super fun and I can't wait to do it again!
Check back often as I hope to at least post once a week. I'm going to be showing you all of the things I made over Christmas break when I decided to get my "craft on" as well as what I received as part of a beauty product swap I also participated in!
Happy 2015!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous job Jess!! What a fun gift you sent and an even lovelier gift you received from Julie. This new connections are great and I am so glad you participated this year.

    Okay, but I have to say, how in the world did I miss that you and Taysha are sisters???? I love Taysha! So glad that I finally got to meet her in person at AgChat in August. Maybe some day I will get to meet you too!

    Thank you again for participating and have a wonderful 2015!
    Laurie - Country Link

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and unique gift you got! And the one you sent was awesome too! Personally, can I say I'm very happy if we were your "catapult" back into blogging? It's a hard thing to keep up with - I know! Glad to see you could participate and share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm anxious to see your Christmas projects you made. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete